Energy plays the most vital role in the economic growth, progress, and development, as well as poverty eradication and security of any nation. The standard of living of a given country can be directly related to the per capita energy consumption. The future is energy – it’s a global focus.
Energy management is to take all the steps for saving energy which is the most vital part of our life.
Consequently, it is considered detrimental to any one, organization or government to undermine the importance of the Media in nation building; which lies in their capacity and capability to teach, manipulate, sensitize and mobilize people through information dissemination – (Ucheanya 2003).
Therefore, Stratagem deems it fit to initiate this training which is geared towards integrating journalism with professional reporting in the energy space.
- To develop deep knowledge and professionalism in energy reporting among media practitioners and industry stakeholders
- To analyze and highlight aspects of energy for new thinking and modalities with journalism
- To discuss how Media Practitioners can contribute significantly to nation building through reporting and creating awareness in line with the global focus for the energy industry.
- Media Practitioners, Media Houses & their Associations
- Stakeholders in the Energy Industry
- Ministries of Information, Communication & Power
- Energy & Energy Management (discussion will include status quo, challenges and way forward)
- Effective Energy Reporting (correcting common mistakes in energy reporting)